Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pay the Piper you moron.

Today, I don't feel so cute about my binge yesterday.  I don't think its clever anymore that my body decided to cleanse itself, ensuring that I didn't have an "up moment" on the scale.  Today, I feel really stupid.

A cheat (with a timely bout of stomach issues) is not healthy and really, health... isn't it my ultimate goal?  If I don't have better health in mind, isn't this just another diet like all of the other diets that came before? 

What am I doing to myself?

The scale stayed the same.  If I had done a better job yesterday, it would have been down.  The cocktail smokies and cheese dip and potato chips and extra cereal and candy corn did NOT taste as good as seeing the scale dip would have felt.  I robbed myself of a success.  Not only that, I fed my family that crap and I need to make changes in that area as well.

Today is another day.  I plan to walk for 30 minutes again and feed my body much better food.  I also plan to do something productive that will give me a sense of success.  Better to combat this emotional Wack*A*Mole game with positivity.

OY!  Like everything else, I am doing this completely backward.  I also plan to give God the Glory today and seek Him.  Why is it I always put the most important thing last?  You know, just thinking about giving this to God makes me feel lighter of heart.  I think today will be a day of reevaluation.  I have a lot to think about.  

1 comment:

Nadia said...

I'm glad to have found your blog! Good luck as we all battle with the same things, but you're right, ultimately, it's something that is controling us, so we do need to give it to God. Good luck! Keep checking in on my blog so I can follow you, thanks!